Development stages of childhoodadmin
Reading Time: 2 minutes
As a parent, we are curious about the development of our child’s growth. From being helpless to active toddlers they undergo a beautiful transformation. We anticipate their growth and every month get amazed with their new developments.
Every mother and father wonder what to expect next and if their child development is on target. We get worried if there is a delay in the development growth, however, let’s keep in mind every child develops at their own pace.
Some babies start speaking at the age of 8 months and some may take a year and a half. Walking may take any time between nine to eighteen months.
Keeping development variation in mind, here are some development of your baby from one to twelve-month stage of the first year.
Baby Development – One to three months
The ongoing development process that begins during birth and continues till the adulthood. They are learning to live the outside world. Between first to three months they will start to
- Smile – Just to herself. After two months she will start smiling at your response and try to get your smile.
- Raise her head and chest on her tummy.
- Moving her fingers and try to get her fingers to her mouth.
- Focus on object movements.
Baby Development – Four to six months
During this stage, they are learning to reach out and try to use their hands, legs and their voice. Between four to six months they will,
- Capable of sleeping full night.
- Complete head control when they are made to sit.
- Rollover from front to back.
- Babble and make some noise.
- Reach out to grab objects. Especially mother’s hair if its long and untied.
Baby Development: Seven to Nine Months
During this stage, they will figure out how to move forward or backward. As they can get somewhere rolling over, its ideal for you to get your house baby proofed. Between seven to nine months they will,
- Start to crawl – This can also be dragging themselves on their tummy by arms and legs.
- Sit without support.
- Respond to their names and babbling like mama and dada.
- Clap and play games.
- Try to pull up to a standing position.
Baby Development: 10 to 12 Months
This stage babies develops better control. With improved motor skills most babies at this age can sit without any help. Between ten to twelve months they will,
- Explore things in different ways (playing with toys, throwing).
- Crawls on hand and feet several feet (belly of the ground).
- Cries when father or mother leaves.
- Starts to use things correctly (drinks from a cup or bottle)
- Puts things in and out of the containers or boxes.
- Lowers to sitting from holding onto furniture/support.
- Stands independently 1-2 seconds, legs wide, arms up/out.